Sunday, January 13, 2013

Week 2

Some highlights from the last week:

My mom gave us this amaryllis at Thanksgiving time...It actually bloomed.

  • Playing tennis with my sister-in-law.  Oh my goodness gracious!  We laughed so much.   I think the "workout" was running after the ball more than actually playing.  There is a reason that I am a runner and not a tennis player. 
  • We tried a new recipe this week {30-minute Buffalo Chicken French Bread} and it was great! It has been added to our rotation of meals.  Mom, if you try this, it might be a bit spicy for your tastes.
  • I got to Skype with some dear friends from college!  It was so much fun to talk to all of them and catch up.
  • Ian survived his first week of Old Testament.  Only 2 more weeks to go!
  • I fixed our printer.  Don't ask me how.  Sidenote: if you are ever on the phone with a person in the Philippines and she says, "I as in Idaho, C as in Cedar...", she does not mean C, she is actually saying P as in Peter.
  • I finally decided what my word will be for 2013.  Emmanuel :: God with US.


What I've been making: Nutella French Toast (Ian made it), Thai Chicken Pasta (actually Ian made this too), I did make the 30 minute buffalo chicken french bread mentioned above :), Grilled {Pepper-jack} Cheese and Tomato Soup, and BBQ Chicken in the crockpot
What I've been reading: I finished High Call, High Privilege  (by Gail MacDonald) this week.
What I've been wearing: Comfy jeans, hoodies, and wool socks
What I've been enjoying: It has been COLD here the last few days - perfect weather for snuggling up with blankets on the couch.  (I have not been enjoying the cold and snow while running, but once I have had a hot shower, I'm back to loving winter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment