Friday, November 19, 2010

New Rule: No live birds in the classroom please

So today, I had an interesting situation arise in my classroom.  I noticed that one of my students was sitting oddly in his chair today, so I went over to see what was going on.  He was sitting on the side of his chair, on the other side of his chair sat a furry gray animal.  As the mature teacher, I screamed and ran away.  Then I said (from the other side of the classroom), "is it alive?"  The little boy said yes.  Still trying to be the mature, in-control teacher, I got as close as possible (realizing that it was a bird, not a mouse as I thought).  I (in my state of distress) started speaking at a normal pace (thus none of the kiddos could understand me and they were starting to crowd around the desk of the furry animal).  However, we eventually got the bird released back into its natural habitat and hands washed.  Then we continued on with our English lesson.  Enough excitement for one day.


We also got to learn about an interesting "tradition" of South Korea on Thursday of this week.  Some of the high school students had a really big test.  It is similar to the ACT or SAT, but a much bigger deal is made over it.  Anywho, we got to go to school work late!  Why?  I do not know.  My co-teachers just said that because the students were taking the test, we got to come to work late.  Woohoo - we got to sleep in!  We did take a moment to pray for those taking the test as it determined their future in universities.

No comments:

Post a Comment