Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall

I had full intentions to get this done right away, but alas, six weeks have passed and I am just getting to it.  Better late than pregnant, right?  (Let's pretend I did just think that in my mind and then write it on my blog...)

Pretending that I am still in Korea...what to do with your hands during a picture?!?

Anywho, this weekend (six weekends ago), Ian and I headed up to Estes Park to check out the Peak to Peak Scenic Byway.  We took our camera and a picnic supper and hit the trail.  We were a bit early to see all of the fall colors, but we did catch some glimpses.  The Rocky Mountains are gorgeous - no matter the season.


I did laugh at myself while we were driving.  Within the last month (at the time) we had traveled from S. Korea to America (like 50 hours of travel or something crazy like that with all the layovers etc.) then we drove 16ish hours out to Colorado...I thought I would be ready for a break from driving.   Ha! Nope! I was one that suggested the 2+ hour drive to Estes Park and back.  I think the drive home took longer because we did not go a direct route.

Pretty Yellow Aspen Trees Contrasted by the Green Pine Trees - Gorgeous!

I do remember it being super-windy (and chilly) up in the mountains.  We have some pretty awesome pictures of my crazy hair blowing in the wind...but wind-blown is the new classy look, right?



All in all, it was a fun afternoon!

What is your favorite part of fall?


No comments:

Post a Comment