Saturday, December 3, 2016

20 weeks

We are halfway through this pregnancy!  I can't believe it!  We found out this week that we are expecting a boy!  I can't believe it!  I finally understand why people say things like, "I can't believe my kid is 5!  I can't believe they are in kindergarten!"  Every stage of parenthood has been met with denial thus far.    

I was super convinced that we were having a girl, so Ian and I have only been discussing girl names.  Guess we will have to shelve those.  We both would have picked a boy, so we are pretty excited!  

I think it is finally starting to sink in that I am pregnant. I feel huge and people have started patting my stomach.  I pat their stomachs back (unless it is Ian).  Yup, I am glad that we are not having a little girl to take after her Momma's sassy ways.


18 weeks 3 days - good thing my phone remembers when I take pictures.  

It is definitely December in our household - lots of Christmas music and lots of looming deadlines for school for both of us (I still have 2 finals to write...yikes!).  The good news is it will all be over in 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, I have given up a bit on exercising.  I got out for a couple of walks this week.  I try to motivate myself to go, but it is getting colder here and it has snowed a couple of times.  I like running so much more - I actually feel like some stress is relieved and running generates way more body heat.  If I run these days my hips hurt quite a bit the next day so I stick to walking.


Pumpkin Pie 5k - we walked it together.  It was FREEZING and walking a 5k makes me feel lame.  Ian is a good encourager.  And he gave me half of his piece of pumpkin pie afterwards "for the baby".
However, I do dream of days when I can run again which has lead to an obsession of looking at strollers. I read a blog post the other day that said something along the lines of, "You will never find the perfect jogging stroller."  That was a bit defeating!  I would love a jogger that can accommodate an infant through a 75 lb kiddo and is not crazy expensive and is height adjustable and could maybe convert to a double jogger without being bulky.  I am super torn between getting a carseat/stroller combo or just not worrying about it and getting a good carseat and a completely different stroller.  Yes I have wasted time too much time on the internet researching options and I don't feel like I have found anything I like.  At least we have a few more months to figure it out.


December 1st!  20 weeks 3 days.  Ignore my hair - I was not really planning on showing this picture to people.
Speaking having a few more months, we have yet to pick a hospital (well we have picked one, but we should probably take a tour and see the place before we actually decide) or found out about any type of birthing class or anything really.  The only reason I stay on top of doctor visits is they do not let me leave until I schedule the next few appointments (smart people).  I also keep saying that I need to find some maternity workout clothes and maternity work clothes (I have been wearing clothes given to me by friends and family - all super generous) but then I remember how much I don't actually like shopping (I think I do until I am in the store) and so many stores have gone to "we only carry maternity clothes online" - ugh! I just want to try on a couple of different pairs of pants to see how they fit - that's all!

I slept awesome over Thanksgiving break and then I was back to hit or miss this past week.  I can usually fall asleep pretty easily, it is just a matter staying asleep between 1-5am.  I know it is only going to get worse so I am trying to be okay with it.  Whenever I feel tired I go to bed so I can a get a good 4-5 hours in - which means I go to bed at 7pm or 8pm (more common) some nights and then get up at 4am to finish whatever I did not get done the night before.  

Did I mention that I am excited that we are having a boy? I am so ready for some kicks or jabs.  I think I have gained too much weight to feel anything right now.  I do feel little things that are similar to an air bubble popping but who knows if that is the baby or not.  I am trying to keep things fairly simple on our baby registry, but I can't resist the baby boy clothes!  They are just so cute.  I have heard that we might get a lot of clothes and so we don't need to register for much, but I since I am not trying to not buy any, I am registering for as much as I want!  

I love one sentence prayers. I like longer prayers too, but there is something about a one sentence prayer that can almost instantly calm my heart.  One thing that I pray often is, "Lord, prepare our hearts for what you have for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment