Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Week in Review


Sometimes I have a crazy week (who doesn't?), but I want to remember this specific week in the future.  Thus, time to blog!

Some highlights from our week:
  • Sunday night - we live near a busy street and close to a hospital.  There are sirens going past our place all the time.  But Sunday night, they did not past us, they stopped on the side street.  Odd, I thought to myself.  I went out on the porch to look for the fire or accident or whatever would bring firetrucks near our apartment.  Then I realized I could smell smoke!  Ian and I decided on an impromptu walk around the block.  We were are not sure of the details, but a fire was started really close to our apartment where we put our trash.  We were so thankful that someone saw the fire, the fire station responded quickly, and that we were kept safe.  Enough excitement for the evening, though.
  • Monday - I had the pleasure of rolling out of bed at 4:32 to run 10 miles, but hanging out with friends that night and laughing hysterically made it worth it.
  • Monday and Wednesday - I had the last of my 1st grade classes of Spring Break.  I am not sure how much the kiddos actually learned, but they are just so precious.  The students made me cards on Wednesday and they.are.so.cute.  My favorite one is from William, "Alissa-teacher, you are pretty."  How cute is that!  The following is a video of the "Phonics Song".  I will be able to sing this song in my sleep for the next 20 years.


  • Wednesday night - we had our first women's bible study of the semester.  It was great!  I have missed those ladies so much.  I also ran in shorts Wednesday afternoon for the first time since October.  It was amazing!
This is the old man in the scooter I saw on Wednesday.  Maybe he could be friend's with Sara's scooter lady
  • Thursday - School Holiday!  We were up early and then headed out to Busan for the day.  It was so fun to see our friends.  Yeah for friends and friend's bump!  
  • Thursday - ya'll I have caught baby fever.  For other people's babies.  Seriously.  If you need a babysitter or want to know my opinion of what you should add to your baby registry let me know.  The thought of sacrificing sleep every single night does not appeal to me in any sense, so I am quite happy to hand people's babies back to them and go to my own home :)
How cute is little Lucy?  So precious!
  • Friday - Another 4:30 wake up (three times in the same week!?!) another 10 miler, another great night with friends, laughing so hard.  It was the first day of school, too!  Happy New School Year.
  • Saturday - I ran 20 miles.  Not exactly fun {is it ever "fun" to run in 17 mph winds?} but I persevered.  It was multiple of 5s week for my running (All of my runs were 5, 10, 15, or 20 miles long).  I think I should have 55 miles in for the week.  Wootwoot!
And that wraps up the week!  What was the best part about your last week?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm 5, 10, 15, 20 = 55 miles for the week? I think you deserve the bonus 5 miles for running that much.

    All is well here--the tornados were well to our south. The annual soup suppers are going on. The men's turn was last Wednesday and I made Ian' Tortellini soup. Everyone loved it.

    Thanks for the blog update. We really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete