Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Running Tip Tuesday

40 days from now, I will be rocking the Daegu Marathon.  I finally got signed up for it this week.

I wish I could say that I thought of this amazing tip, but I did not.  My friend, Sara, passed it along to me this summer (I think she may have gotten it from one of her running friends).  I love my Garmin.  It is a great running watch.  I do not love standing outside in the cold darkness at 4:53 AM waiting for my Garmin to "locate satellites" so that I can start on my 10 miler. {not that I ran 10 miles before school on Monday morning...yeah, I would be okay with that never happening again in my life}.

Running Tip Tuesday: How to outsmart your Garmin
1.) Turn on your Garmin.
2.) Place it in a windowsill.
3.) Go put on your running shoes on or whatever the last step of your "getting out the door for a run" routine is.
4.) Grab your Garmin (which has now located satellites) and run out the door, down the stairs, and out the other door before your Garmin realizes that it is inside.

*If you have stop to use the restroom in between steps three and four, you are going to have stand still for 60 seconds once you get outside to let Miss Garmin relocate.  Just sayin'

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment