Sunday, February 26, 2012

Brunch Menus

We have had a busy weekend!  We had people over for brunch on Saturday and Sunday.  In case you can't tell, weekend brunch is my favorite meal to have people over for.  It is quite amazing to be a foreigner in Korea.  Church does not start until 2 PM.  So you can have people over for brunch and then go to church together.

Here are the menus from this weekend (partially for future reference for myself)
Brunch Menu #1:
Easy Breakfast Casserole - We halved this and put it in an 8 x 8 pan.  Our add-in was chicken (because that was the only cooked meat hanging out in the freezer on Friday night when I was trying to pull our ingredients together).

Vanilla Muffins with Cinnamon Crumb Topping - I have yet to get my muffins to look like the picture, but they are delicious nonetheless!

On Saturday this is all we had, but we have served this same menu before and added Makeover Fruit Pizza to the menu.  Anytime we make this fruit pizza, we get compliments from others about it.

I took this picture the last time we had people over....before my camera breathed its last.

On Sunday, we tried some new recipes (and pulled out some goodies, but oldies).
Brunch Menu # 2:
Nourishing Wife-Saver Breakfast Casserole - I think we just called this "egg bake".  We added a lot more onion and mushroom than what the recipe called for.  We also cooked some ground pork (because it is the cheapest meat I can get my hands on in this country).  Ian says, "if there is no meat than it is not a meal", hence the pork.  Anywho, it turned out great.  I really like the toasted bread crumbs, that added a little somethin'-somethin' to the dish.

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls - I almost do not want to share the link with you.  Seriously, you will make these cinnamon rolls, take a bite, and then blink several times because you are still on earth and not in heaven.  The first time Ian made these for me, I was like, "I must marry this man.  Any man that make cinnamon rolls this good is a keeper."  (Okay, so I knew I was going to marry him before the cinnamon rolls, but it added another pro to the pro/con list...not that I was keeping a pro/con list...ugh, I am so awkward.)  What I am trying to say is this: Make the cinnamon rolls, eat the cinnamon rolls.

Parfait - when we were thinking through our menu, we wanted to add one more dish that incorporated fruit.  So we layered granola, fruit (strawberries and bananas), and yogurt in cups.  It was a great addition to the meal.

If you live in Korea and are thinking to yourself, "I don't have an oven, I can't make this stuff." - victimize yourself no longer.  Assume Victory, my friend.  Brunch Menu #3: You can totally make the parfaits and serve french toast or pancakes with it.  You can open your home/apartment without an oven, I promise.

So there you have it...some ideas for brunch.  I think this goes un-said, but serve coffee with each menu.  You can buy decaf at Homeplus (just in case your friends are nursing or prego.)  Your guests will thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I looooove brunch! One of my favorites is a caramelized onion & bacon quiche. I haven't made it in a long time. We made cinnamon roll scones this morning for breakfast from here - http://annies-eats.com/2012/02/13/cinnamon-roll-scones/. They were awesome. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete