Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Book Review

Vacation is over.  I am back at school.  Desk-warming.  (I am bored out of my mind.)  I thought to myself, "Self, you should write a blog post."  Then I thought, "what am I going to write about?  How I watched youtube videos all day yesterday (too boring)?  How my school has no water because the pipes are frozen? (summed up in one sentence)"  Then I thought, "ding! ding! ding!  I can ramble about the recent books I have read!"
Thank you brother-in-law and sister-in-law for a good read!
Love and War by John and Stasi Eldridge
This was the first marriage book I read since getting married.  (As of right now, I have read more marriage books before I was married.)  I was so glad that I read it!  Two BIG points that I took from the book are:

1.) The devil does not want my marriage to succeed.  (why had I not pondered this one before?)

2.) ∴ (this is the symbol for "therefore" for all of you who have not spent hours writing proofs during college math classes) my amazing husband and I need to implement prayer into every aspect of our marriage (I knew this one, but it was a good reminder.)

I have also read 4 fiction books in the last week (sometimes I read books to fast).  You can read about them here.

If you have any books laying around your house that you think I would find interesting, mail them to me (please!).  Or if you have any suggestions as to what I should read, let me know!  I finally have time to utilize a library and there is no English library to be found.  Isn't that the way life works?

No comments:

Post a Comment