Saturday, October 1, 2011

6 easy steps to pumpkin puree

It seems that I have been hit with the plague (also known as the 24 hour flu).  I had a long to-do list for this weekend.  Now this is my to-do list for the weekend:  Get better.  {Read: I am so tired of sitting down, napping, etc.  The weather is amazing here this weekend, I so want to be outside enjoying it via a 14-miler.}

Anywho, I wanted to share my triumph from this week!  I made pumpkin puree.  boo.ya.

Step 1: Buy a pumpkin from the lady on the street.  Carry it home (it was a 40 minute walk home).

Step 2: Talk to your pumpkin and tell her how she is the prettiest pumpkin of all.

Please do not judge my pumpkin, you should have seen the ones I didn't pick!

Step 3: Cut the pumpkin in half.  Scoop the guts out.


Step 3.5: Do not put the pumpkin seeds in the refrigerator to be dealt with at another time.  Just do it.

Step 4: Cut the pumpkin into smaller pieces and peel the pieces.  I was not aware that you can peel a pumpkin, but you can.  It was not as difficult as I thought it would be.

Step 5: Boil the pieces for about 25 minutes.


Step 6: Let the pumpkin cool some (drain the excess water) run it through a blender or food processor.  Ta-dah!  Pumpkin Puree.  As I said to my amazing husband (and the world of Pinterest) I went. I saw. I conquered.


So far I have used my pumpkin puree to make
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Spiced Pumpkin Hot Cocoa
Pumpkin Bread

Can't wait to try some recipes.  What is your favorite pumpkin recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment