Sunday, July 31, 2011

Meet the Gang!

"I'm taking a break from packing"  That is what I have been saying all weekend.  Note to self: Next time you go on a vacation outside of the country, do not move to a new apartment at the same time. 

Anywho, while I am taking a break from packing, I thought I would introduce you to some of my co-workers.  If you have Facebook, you may have seen these pictures already....

Ji Yeon Kim-teacher (her English name is "Ally"): my Korean older sister or young aunt.  She is about 15 years old than me but a good friend.  She likes to give me advice about life and teaching.  She is a great teacher!  I have learned so much from her.  The students really like her a lot too.  She is so patient with me.  90% of the Korean I know I learned from her.  Ally is a huge blessing in my life.  Last semester I taught 4th grade with her.  This semester I am teaching 3rd and 6th grade with her.  We crack each other up.

Ally-teacher

Ji Young Kim -teacher: This is the first person I met from my school.  She picked me up from the DMOE and introduced me to everyone else.  Last semester I taught 5th and 6th grade with her; this semester I am teaching 4th grade with her. 

Kim Ji Young Teacher (or as Americans would say Ji Young Kim teacher)

Sun Young Lim - teacher: I have only taught with Sun Young teacher for a few months, but it has been a blast!  We are about the same age.  Sun Young teacher is done with schooling but now preparing to take the four tests to become a certified teacher.  He is the first Korean I have ever met with a British accent.  He says things like, "cheers!"  or "brilliant".  Sun Young teacher likes to rock out to High School Musical, High School Musical 2, and High School Musical 3 in between classes.  He also says "Yes ma'am" and "No ma'am" - you get big brownie points from me if you say "ma'am".  He has been really encouraging in my attempts at using conversational Korean.  I am going to miss teaching fifth grade with him!

Sun Young teacher!

Na Kyeong teacher: My Korean sister!  Na Kyeong teacher is about the same age as me and Koreans say that we are sisters because we look alike :)  I do not teach with Na Kyeong (she is the specail ed teacher for our school), but she eats lunch with us and hangs out a lot with us.  She is so fun!  Na Kyeong went to America during winter vacation to visit her boyfriend.  He is currently earning his PhD in something related to education (I can not remember at the moment) at University of Iowa.  Na Kyeong is really working hard on learning English.  I am really proud of her.

I am so glad that Na Kyeong is laughing in this picture - she is usually laughing or making me laugh


Here is a group shot (plus a substitute P.E. teacher and the Head Teacher - who is in charge of all other teachers or something like that)


Now, I will return to packing.  Happy Last Day of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment