Sunday, July 3, 2011

a whole lotta happy

July 3rd is a pretty important day in my amazing husband's family.  Not only is July 3rd my father-in-law's birthday, it is also my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's anniversary.

So there is a whole lot of happy going on!

My father-in-law (Daddio) is a great guy.  He has a big heart and I have learned many things from him.  He (along with Mommaboma) has done a great job of raising my amazing husband to be the awesome man he is.  I conducted a short, spur-of-the-moment interview with my amazing husband about his Daddio.


Me: What is one of your favorite character qualities about your Daddio?
Amazing Husband: Generosity.



Me: What is one of your favorite memories that you have with your Daddio?
Amazing Husband: Going to Camp Carew with him.


Me: What parenting tip have you learned from your Daddio that you hope to use someday?
Amazing Husband: Invest in what you kids like, not what you like

Thank you Amazing Husband for abandoning your academic readings for a moment of interview.  Happy Birthday Daddio!  We love and respect you.

Also, Happy Anniversary to my amazing husband's twin brother (Bear) and his wife (B  a.k.a my Denver sister).  I had the pleasure and privilege of attending Bear and B's wedding two years ago.  It was a beautiful outdoor ceremony with a really fun reception to follow!



I have had a blast getting to know my Denver sister.  She is a woman of God and a great sister.  She shares my love of Jane Austin books made into bad movies, Target, Panera, and Monopoly (what more could a girl ask for?).  And Bear is cool too.  He has been working hard on grad school and is almost done.  Go Bear!  I love hanging out with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.

I also love watching Bear and B's marriage grow and transform them to be more Christ-like.  You guys rock! Maybe someday when we are all old we can live in the same nursing home, have wheelchair races and talk about the good ol' days when we where whippoorsnappers!

No comments:

Post a Comment