Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A day in the life of an EPIK teacher!

I guess I forgot to clarify in my morning routine post, that I am an EPIK teacher.  EPIK (pronounced epic) stands for English Program in Korea. My position in EPIK is Native English Teacher a.k.a NET.  The native part of NET means that  I grew up speaking English, not that I am a native of Korea (somewhat confusing....).  I thought Native English Teachers would be Korean.  Now I am off topic.

Disclaimer: You may read about my day at school and think to yourself, "Self, that sounds like a pretty easy job."  Yes, I know teachers of America, your job is harder than mine; your job is more stressful than mine; your job is at a faster pace than mine.  I know.

8:12 A.M.
Arrive at school.  Change shoes (this is one of things that I have heard about Asian cultures, but did not believe.  Yes, folks.  It is like Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.  You change into "inside shoes" when you get to school and change back to "outside shoes" when you leave.)