Saturday, September 4, 2010

What is your favorite food?

What is your favorite food?
I get this question from Koreans and Americans.
Bimimbip before you mix it

What is your favorite Korean food?
Bimimbap: literally mixed rice. Rice with sauted veggies, a fried egg, a spicy red sauce that is all mixed together.  I could seriously eat bimimbap everyday.
Bimimbap after it is mixed
Pop-en-sue: shaved ice mixed with fresh fruit, beans, and chocolate syrup.  It is delicious during the summer!

My amazing husband's favorite Korean food is sam-gyeop-sal.  Essentially it is grilled pork that we wrap in sesame leaves.  There are tons of samgyeopsal restaurants in Korea.

What is your favorite American food?
Before I moved to Korea: mashed potatoes
After I moved to Korea: Meatloaf.  Olive Garden.  Panera Bread.  Brownies. Anything American :)

No comments:

Post a Comment