Wednesday, May 18, 2011

If I was in America....

I usually try not to think, "If I was in America, I would...".  It is pointless.  I am not in America.  I am here.  But, if I was in America, I would so make this for dinner tonight!

The amazing hubs and I love meat!  Love it!  Meat is so expensive in Korea.  But if you live in America, stop in at Aldi, buy some ground turkey, and go to it.

These are the best "hamburgers" in my opinion.  Thank you Megan from Nebraska for creating this yumminess!

From Taste of Home website:
You'll get a burst of flavor with every bite of these hearty burgers. Not a fan of ground turkey? This recipe will absolutely change your mind! — Megan Crow, Lincoln, Nebraska


Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • Dash pepper
  • 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
  • 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 5 whole wheat hamburger buns, split

Directions

In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 thin patties. Spoon red pepper and cheese onto center of five patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.


Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 5 servings.


Nutrition Facts: 1 burger equals 325 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.

4 comments:

  1. Did we make these together??? With the sweet potatoes? Those were so good! I will make these in honor of you once we get all settled in our new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so! I do remember the sweet potatoes, they were delicious. Just a little spicy, not too spicy. You should definitely make these. They are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to testify that this burger, made by Alissa, is the best burger I have ever eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Daddio-in-law! I will FOREVER remember the first time I made this for you and Mommaboma. You both were so happy!

    ReplyDelete