Sunday, December 5, 2010

27/2 or 13.5

First things first, today (Dec. 5th) marks the 6th month anniversary for my amazing husband and me!  Yeah for us!  Right now I am eating my delicious cinnamon roll oatmeal for breakfast.  We have church at 11 this morning.  I am listening to music from a radio station at home (it is family friendly and positive and encouraging…I will let you guess which one it is).  Anywho, O Holy Night is being played right now and that is the next song on the countdown.  I have decided to add some songs to the countdown, which makes my list longer.  Therefore there might be some interesting numbering from here out.

Christmas Carol Countdown #13½: O Holy Night
One of things I like about Christmas music is all the variation.  One song has so many different versions.  There are traditional, jazzy, country, you name it.  Well, maybe not rap.  I tried to find a rap version of O Holy Night…I did.  Let’s not go there.  I like the version by Third Day of this song, but my favorite version of O Holy Night is traditional, complete with an organ and a choir.  It is beautiful.  Not only is it beautiful, it is true.  Check out some of the lyrics from the last verse, “Truly He taught us to love one another…Chains he shall break, for the slave is our brother…With all our hearts we praise His holy name. Christ is the Lord!”  What sin have you been chained to?  How did God break those chains?  How do you praise Him with all of your heart?  Like I said, it is beautiful and true. 

In life outside of Christmas music, we have been having a great weekend!  I attempted to make some Cookie Dough Truffles and Oreo truffles, I was going to take pictures throughout the process, however, I forgot!  Here is the finished product!  I took them to Small Group on Saturday night and everyone raved about them (potentially because they had nothing to compare them to!)  We also bought some $5.00 Christmas lights.  They are special.  We will have to do a video post so you can see all five settings of the psycho lights.
On the plan for the rest of the day…we will be heading to church, then eat lunch, then going downtown to Starbucks to see if they peppermint mochas!  (Addition: they did and they were delicious).  Maybe do a bit of Christmas shopping.  And I am going to watch Elf tonight (it is the only Christmas DVD that made the cut to come with us).

This is from Starbuck's website, as you can imagine delicious!
The next song on the list is my amazing husband’s favorite Christmas song.  See if you can guess what it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment