Tuesday, December 21, 2010

#5 Joseph's Lullaby

If you want to read about the Christmas Carol Countdown you will have to scroll down :)

First things first!  I GOT MORE BIRTHDAY CARDS TODAY!!!  WOOHOO!!!  These were from my Grandpa and his wife (with a picture!)  my uncle, aunt, and cousins, one from my friend's parents, and one from my brother and sister-in-law (also with a picture!)  Our fridge is going to be overflowing with love (in the form of cards)  I am running out of magnets!  Maybe Santa will bring me more!  I was really excited and thankful! 

I thought I might share my evening meal.  I went out to eat with my co-workers.  Going out to eat in Korea is drastically different than it is in America (unless you go to McDonalds - which we have NOT in the 4 months we have been here AND I walk past one everyday on the way to school)  Anywho, Koreans are really into group culture (another topic for another day).  When you go out to eat there is no, "what do you want to eat?"  "I think I will have the blah blah blah".  You get tons of little dishes and a main dish (I am always thankful that I do not have to wash the dishes).  Then everyone just starts grabbing for whatever he or she wants.  Sometimes you do not even have your own plate, you usually get your own bowl of rice though.  Tonight I had my own bowl of rice and my own bowl of soup.   Oh yes, you also take your shoes off at the door and sit on a cushion on the floor (with your legs crossed) and the table is pretty close the ground.  Some restaurants have tables and chairs, but some do not.  Some restaurants have a gas grill in the middle of the table that you cook your own pork on.  The pork restaurants are my amazing husband's favorite in Korea.

This is from a mixed rice restaurant (Not a pork restaurant) but you get the general idea



Speaking of my amazing guy, when I got home from dinner I was greeted with a very sleepy husband.  He got to school today and was sent back home (Koreans NEVER take sick days).  He did not have any classes today with the weird end of the year schedule, I was really surprised that they let him come home, but thankful too.  So he slept from 9am - 5pm today and is sleeping again.  (Note: if you are my mom or his mom, please do not freak out - he is okay I promise).  We have both been sick A LOT since coming to Korea.  I have had a sniffling nose or a cough for the past 2 months.  And I had a full out cold before that.  Okay I will stop boring you with the details of our health.

Finally the Christmas Carol Countdown # 5: Joseph's Lullaby
This song is from MercyMe.  It is Joseph singing a lullaby to Jesus.  I think I like this song so much because my college roommate liked it a lot (she is a great girl, click here to read her blog).  It is a calming song I think.  The song does not make Joseph a saint, just a dad.  He is like any other father who wants his son to rest and not worry about the future.  I think it is nice that there is a song about Joseph, Mary gets a lot of the spotlight during this season, but I think Joseph was a really great guy.  How did Mary make it without some support?  Traveling is hard, being in a new and different place is hard.  She needed someone to be strong and to lean on.  I think that person was Joseph.  I could be wrong, but I hope I am not.  Here are the lyrics to the song:

Go to sleep my Son
This manger for your bed
You have a long road before You
Rest Your little head

Can You feel the weight of Your glory?
Do You understand the price?
Does the Father guard Your heart for now
So You can sleep tonight?

Go to sleep my Son
Go and chase Your dreams
This world can wait for one more moment
Go and sleep in peace

I believe the glory of Heaven
Is lying in my arms tonight
Lord, I ask that He for just this moment
Simply be my child

Go to sleep my Son
Baby, close Your eyes
Soon enough You'll save the day
But for now, dear Child of mine
Oh my Jesus, Sleep tight

No comments:

Post a Comment