Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'm 23 Hallelujah

Today was the first time that I celebrated my birthday in not-America. I think it was also was one of the first years (in recent years) that I was not taking a final on my birthday!  woohoo for being graduated! I started my day out with a really fun 8 mile run.  It was pretty cold out because it was early, but my favorite time in Korea is morning.  It is calm in the morning and less crowded.  When I got home my amazing husband had made me some French toast for breakfast!   It was delicious.  Then I talked to my parents on Skype!  Skype is the best invention ever.  My parents got me a cross stitch kit for my birthday!  I have already started in on it!  I will have to post a picture when I get it finished.  My amazing husband got me several gifts, my favorite of which was a pair of mittens!
Aren't they cute???

we were aiming for this
They have a string attaching them together so I will not lose them! I like them alot!  We spent some time at church as well trying to help out with a Christmas party for the orphanage kiddos.  I was trying to help 15 year old boys make a snowflake creation.  It did not quite turn out how we first anticipated.  I think we had a good time doing it.  Well, I had a good time doing it and the boys went along with it.  We also ate some food and handed out presents for the kiddos.  It was a fun time.  We ended the day going out for coffee and chatting about our day.

Okay on to the countdown.  You may have guessed what the song is for today by the title.
Christmas Carol Countdown # 7: the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah
I love this song!  My mom loves to listen to Handel's Messiah.  I have tried to get into it, but this is the only song that I like from it.  I LOVE that all of it is straight out of Scripture!  When I was in high school, my band played the song and the choir sang the song (it was a bit tricky for the people that were in both band and choir.)   Whenever I hear this song, I listen for the third trombone part :)  I can still hum you the 3rd trombone part from the song hahahaha.  Some people have shared fun versions of this song.  Click here to see people in the mall singing this song seemingly randomly.  And then we can not forget about the silent monks!  I cracked up the first time I saw this!  Click here to see silent monks "sing" this song (you can actually find several of the silent monks on youtube, but this is the one I like best).  And He shall reign forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment