Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Monumental Day

Today was one of the most exciting days of my life potentially! I had a normal day at school, but when I got home, what greeted me? MAIL! Usually we get two pieces of mail each month: our electric bill and our gas bill. Every so often we get junk mail, but not often. I got FOUR birthday cards in the mail!!!!!! I was so excited! I did not think that I would get any mail at all for my birthday, I was so happy. Not only did we get letters, we got a package in the mail!!!! I think you can only fully appreciate this if you live in a foreign land. But just think back to care packages in college and you get the general idea. The package had mostly soup mixes and books in it! And American CHOCOLATE! I have a tummyache because I had like 10 Hershey dark chocolate kisses and my stomach is not used to real chocolate. Hahahaha. But they are soo good. But I think I am supposed to be blogging about Christmas music….So

Christmas Carol Countdown #9: God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman
I think this song is best sung at an upbeat tempo. This is one of those songs that tons of artists have made their own version. One of my favorite versions of this song is by Manheim Steamroller. They do a great job of making it Jazzy. I also like the way MercyMe recorded this song. I did not really ever think about the title. From what I gather from the reliable source of the internet, the title means, God make you strong and valient gentleman. Interesting how words have different meanings over time.

One more monumental part of my day: my amazing husband took me to a movie tonight! It was The Voyage of the Dawn Treader in 3-D! I was so excited. I love the Chronicles of Narnia, I think I read them when I was in 6th grade maybe. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is my favorite of all the books. I was so excited that we got to see this movie! It was like we were in America (aka we did not have to read the subtitles – sorry to the Koreans that did). It was an amazing movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment