Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Number 12!

Well, we are at school again and today there is a teacher training happening.  One of the advantages of not knowing Korean is that I never have to go staff meetings or professional development.  (Reminder this also means that I also can not ask for help in the grocery store or when I am lost).  Anywho while my co-workers are learning how to answer the phone politely, (yes that is really the professional development for the day) I thought I would share the next song on the list. 

Christmas Carol Countdown #12: We are the Reason
If my mom is reading this, she would say that it is not a Christmas song. I agree, it is not a Christmas song, but the only time of the year I hear it on the radio is Christmas time.  My absolutely favorite memory associated with this song is sitting next to my mom while she would play the piano and sing.  She has a really beautiful arrangement of this song.  One time I tried for like a week to learn how to play it.  Epic fail on my part (when it comes to running I have perseverance, when it comes to practicing the piano, I like instant gratification).  I believe that David Meece was the one to write this song, he is a good guy.  Avalon did an arrangement of this song on their Christmas CD: Joy.  Secret: I am a huge fan of Christmas music, but I am also very picky about the Christmas music I like.  If I had to listen to Frosty the Snowman or Jingle Bells the whole month of December, I would not listen to Christmas music.  Don't get me wrong, they are fun songs, but I like Christmas music that makes me really think about how awesome Christmas is.  I mean Jesus left heaven, left his Father and came here.  Who would do that?!?!?  Just traveling 1/2 way around the world seems like too much to me some days; I can not imagine how Jesus felt at times.  But he did it. Amazing.  Anywho, here are some lyrics from the song that get me every time, 
“We are the reason that He gave His life We are the reason that He suffered and died To a world that was lost He gave all He could give To show us the reason to live”

Back to planning the best winter camp ever in the history of Native English Teachers at my school! I have no clue what I am doing, but that makes it all the more fun. And whenever I am done, I can add adapting and creating curriculum to my list of skills.

Next post will be extraordinary as I will tell you the 5 Christmas CDs I would take with me on a deserted island and song number 11 too What Christmas CDs make Christmas for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment